Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Easy Cherry Cobbler


Need an easy dessert recipe???

WANT a tasty dessert recipe???

I have just the one for you....it's hot, sweet and tasty!

Cherry Cobbler

Here's what you need:


Two Cans of Cherry Pie Filling (or any other fruit flavor) 
1 Box of White Cake Mix
1 Stick of Butter
Slivered Almonds (optional)

Here's what you do:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees


Put room temperature butter and 1/2-3/4 of the cake mix into a mixing bowl.
Mix until it resembles crumbs..like shown in pic above.


Add both cans of fruit into a casserole dish (mine is 9x13)


Add the cake/butter mixture on top of the cherries.
I like to layer just enough to where I don't see the cherries anymore.
Which is why I don't use the whole package of cake mix, it's just too much.


Add slivered almonds...if you don't like almonds omit this step :)

Put in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown


Here it is....I know I know..it's fabulous..all bubbly and golden to perfection!

Now listen..it'll be difficult..but you must let it cool for a few minutes!
It comes out piping hot, and I speak from experience...waiting is best lol :)

This is a great dessert for these cold winter nights.  
Just toss it in the oven while you're eating dinner.

This would also be great for work potlucks, book clubs, etc...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.