Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Terra Cotta Pot Christmas Tree

Terra Cotta Pot Christmas Tree



Isn't this adorable???  

Very easy to make and affordable.

I'll show you how I did it...


I used 4 Terra Cotta Pots..Small, Smaller, Tiny & Tinier...


When you're at the store, stack them up like this to make sure they fit


Next I painted them green using Acrylic Paints..I like this lighter green but feel free to use which ever green you like.
You'll need to apply 2 coats, but by the time you're done with the 4th one the 1st one will be dry, so there's no waiting for the paint to dry


Next I used a pencil eraser to make little dot's (Christmas Lights) on the tree


I also used some Cotton Balls to make "snow" on the pot's edges :)
I just cut a Cotton Ball in half...stretched it out and stuck it on using a glue stick


Voila! Done!!

Now I just need to find a little Angel or Star to put on top...
I'll post an update pic when I do that :)

Have a great day!
and..
Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, that is so cute Nicole. And what a great idea to use an eraser for perfect dots!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is darling!! We just used an eraser to make dots for an Indian Corn craft. It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun and cute. I just love Christmas and love you for your inspiration and sweet comments that totally make my day when it's been a long one (as most of them are, lol).
    Not sure if you entered my Shabby Apple give away yet, but you would rock that dress, my pretty lady. Ok, after all this Breaking Dawn fun, I am going to share my own tree I just made, and with out intending to it reminds me of a tree from The Grinch. It's a crazy tree. Hey, I have been so busy, forgot to tell folks, but linky will start Wed. this week, see ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My GOSH!!!! I am so in love with your crafts. I am so making some of these and the other things for everyone this Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.