Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween Decor

Halloween Door Decor


I felt the need to make something to hang on my front door. 
Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but I decorate for my kids, and it gives me a reason to craft..not that I need a reason :)

So this is what I came up with:


I bought some scrapbook paper at Michaels...5/$1 can't beat that price!
And I broke out my spider punch...love this thing! Which is funny cause I HATE spiders..weird


I had this 8x10 frame lying around that I purchased at the Dollar Tree, so I used it. I put some paper I already had in there and then cut out my spiders and attached them to the paper using glue dots.
After all that was done..I didn't like the frame..too dull.  So I used some light green acrylic paint, brushed in on and then wiped some off with a dry paper towel.  That way you could still see some of the wood thru the paint.

Here you can see I added the word "EEK" to the bottom right hand corner.  
I used foam letter stickers, so easy.  Again I bought these at the Dollar Store.


Still looking bare to me...I broke out my T-shirt scraps and made some simple rosettes using purple scraps and added some color coordinating buttons, all using my glue gun..I love my glue gun...


With the rest of my purple T-Shirt scraps I cut three long strips, braided them and then hot glued them to the back of the frame so that I could hang it on my door.  Turned out great!


And here's the finished product!  I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself!
Oh, I also hot glued a piece of thin foam to the back four corners of the frame, so it wouldn't make noise when opening and closing the door.

Since I already had all the supplies just lying around, minus a couple pieces of paper I bought, this project cost me next to nothing.

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.